RSS

Garden activities
Planting Time
powered by

My Blog

Platypus Sighting

It’s been confirmed!

Three weeks ago I sighted a platypus on the Fairhill dam.  I was stoked of course but everyone that I spoke to bragging about the sighting doubted me with comments like; “are you sure”, “really” followed by mumbling something like “yea right Nick” and other remarks that are probably better left unsaid.
On the last Wednesday of every month there is a bird watching group (called the “Wednesday Club”) come to the gardens to see what birds they can find.  Last Wednesday as well as seeing 61 different birds they also sighted the fabled platypus.  And better than that – some in the group recon they are two platypi.  They were thrilled but a bit perplexed at my comment of “that’s confirmed”, I was relieved (it wasn’t my imagination).
Fairhill Botanic Gardens is a haven of sights and sounds and the addition of either one platypus or, even better, two platypi … well it makes it even better.

PS  If I manage to get a photo (with platypi that can be a bit of an ask) I'll past ot this page.

10 Comments to Platypus Sighting:

Comments RSS
alice on Saturday, 5 July 2014 7:26 PM
dd
Reply to comment

dragon on Tuesday, 8 July 2014 6:36 PM
This is first time here.
Reply to comment

quality essay service on Tuesday, 23 May 2017 6:22 PM
Your projects for the benefits of public and nation lead you to be the hero. I just follow your ideas and act accordingly to make it practical and get the appreciation. Thanks for sharing here the stuff like this :)

stron on Sunday, 17 August 2014 3:31 AM
Reply to comment

loose white sapphires on Wednesday, 8 October 2014 6:25 PM
Thank you for sharing this.
Reply to comment

first aid courses on Saturday, 18 April 2015 8:57 PM
Many on-line casinos quit the usa industry, yet, poker in on-line casinos is not against the law with the majority of the U . s ..
Reply to comment

Stock Trading tips on Saturday, 2 April 2016 6:10 PM
continue with the the nice work on the blog I love it Could maybe use some more updates more often but im quite sure that you got other things things to do
Reply to comment

Cheap Fake Ray Ban on Monday, 18 July 2016 1:34 PM
Reply to comment

zala on Saturday, 4 March 2017 8:07 PM
I had individual great lengths extensions and decided to try out weft extensions done by Zala clip in hair extensions instead. I'm so glad I did. I think she's one of the best Zala clip hair extensions. Besides doing great extensions (which stay fuller and healthier looking longer than my previous kind AND cost less……
Reply to comment

hair extensions on Thursday, 16 March 2017 5:35 PM
I came back a week later and was happy! The lady this time spent the time letting me know how to use it and just what to complete if I need assistance. They mixed the hair extensions perfectly to my hair color. I couldn't request a better outcome. I would suggest this area to anyone for clip in hair extensions.
Reply to comment