Fairhill Native Plants  - & Botanic Gardens

Planting Time
Workshop
powered by

My Blog

Platypus Sighting

It’s been confirmed!

Three weeks ago I sighted a platypus on the Fairhill dam.  I was stoked of course but everyone that I spoke to bragging about the sighting doubted me with comments like; “are you sure”, “really” followed by mumbling something like “yea right Nick” and other remarks that are probably better left unsaid.
On the last Wednesday of every month there is a bird watching group (called the “Wednesday Club”) come to the gardens to see what birds they can find.  Last Wednesday as well as seeing 61 different birds they also sighted the fabled platypus.  And better than that – some in the group recon they are two platypi.  They were thrilled but a bit perplexed at my comment of “that’s confirmed”, I was relieved (it wasn’t my imagination).
Fairhill Botanic Gardens is a haven of sights and sounds and the addition of either one platypus or, even better, two platypi … well it makes it even better.

PS  If I manage to get a photo (with platypi that can be a bit of an ask) I'll past ot this page.

752 Comments to Platypus Sighting:

Comments RSS
alice on Saturday, 5 July 2014 7:26 PM
dd
Reply to comment

UK Essay Help Online on Tuesday, 8 October 2019 1:28 AM
interesting Blog. However, we are one of the best essay writers uk that will guide and assist you in every steps with cheapest cost and rate, we are available 24/7 for any query related this or any other topic feel free to visit us.

Niloy Khan on Saturday, 4 April 2020 3:34 PM
Very good article! Your post is really helpful for me thanks for wonderful post.I am very happy to read your post SSC Result 2020 has been Published First Check Your Result With Full Marksheet Education Board Dhaka Board SSC Result 2020 has been Published Check Your Result Download the Marksheet

Assignment Help on Saturday, 18 April 2020 5:17 AM
All the students who require American Assignment Help can get in touch with our professional academic writers in the US. Basically, our experts work for all scholars who can’t manage their academic writing due to any reason.

Arif on Friday, 26 June 2020 3:55 AM
If you are looking for JSC Suggesition of this year Do you need JSC Bangla Suggestion 2020? So today we are writing about JSC Bangladesh and Global Studies Suggestion 2020. we are going to provide an exclusive JSC Math Suggestion. Are you looking for JSC Religion Suggestion 2020? JSC Science Suggestion This time you are looking for JSC English Suggestion for your JSC English Exam.

dragon on Tuesday, 8 July 2014 6:36 PM
This is first time here.
Reply to comment